Friday, May 23, 2008

Green Maps

When I saw the Victoria Green Map in class the other day, I thought it was cool, and a fantastic idea. I wish I had one of those for every city that I have lived in. They would be an especially valuable tool to new people moving into the city. I can live in a place for years and not know about a cool store that is within blocks of my place. It is frustrating to me when I find a new restaurant that I love, and I could have been eating there for months and didn't know it! For new residents of a neighborhood, it would be like a welcoming gift, and would be an instant connection to their new surroundings.

I find that I get into ruts, where I go to what is familiar. The same restaurants, grocery stores ect... There are probably hundreds of interesting things in Victoria that I will miss out on doing. Every once and a while I get adventurous and explore, looking for new things to do and almost every time I find something I love. This tool will help fast track those random adventures and help connect me to my community.

No comments: